Friday 18 October 2013

Oil Painting Lesson 2: Mixing colours.

This week's painting class at Frank Joubert was rather challenging. It mainly involved mixing primary colours to form a neutral grey. 
It takes a lot of backwards and forwardsing of adding a bit of this colour, a bit of that colour, and so on and so forth. I managed to get a grey, but it kept either tending towards a yellow/grey or a blue/grey. 
The image I found to paint as my first picture was this one. It's going to be a bit of a challenge but it could look really cool when finished. As  you can see from the second image, I didn't get very far with my underpainting as I spent most of the time struggling with getting a grey.

My underpainting.

Mixing colours.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea for mixing oil painting. I love to read your post very much. Please keep sharing with us !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Ayisha. I intend to update this each week. If you want to follow my work closer, feel free to like my Facebook page if you haven't already :)
      https://www.facebook.com/BenWinfieldArt

      Delete